Subaru says redesigned 2014 Forester will have higher mpg
- 2012 European Automakers: Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Volkswagen
- 2012 Chrysler-Fiat Future Product
- 2012 Japanese Automakers: Infiniti, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru and Suzuki
- 2012 Ford Product Plans
- 2012 Korean and Chinese Automakers Future Product
- 2012 European Automakers: Aston Martin, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Rolls-Royce, Smart, Volvo
- 2012 Japanese Automakers Product Plans: Acura, Honda, Lexus, Scion, Toyota
- 2012 GM Product Plans
LOS ANGELES -- Subaru promises that the redesigned 2014 Forester crossover will get better fuel economy than the outgoing model.
Subaru will offer the 2014 Forester crossover with a new six-speed manual transmission and an optional continuously variable transmission. Also new for 2014 will be an optional 2.0-liter turbocharged Boxer four-cylinder engine with gasoline direct injection producing 250 hp and 258 pounds-feet of torque. Base models will be powered by the same 2.5-liter Boxer four-cylinder engine, generating 170 hp and 174 pounds-feet of torque, that powered the outgoing model.
Subaru says the redesigned Forester will have a roomier interior than the outgoing model while maintaining a wheelbase, width and overall length very similar to that of the outgoing model.
The redesigned Forester will make its North American debut at the Los Angeles auto show later this month. Sales are expected to begin by year end.
Subaru sold 61,880 Foresters in the United States through October, up slightly from sales of 61,766 units during the same period last year.
You can reach Ryan Beene at email@example.com. -- Follow Ryan on