Bentley plans a big crossover
- 2012 European Automakers: Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Volkswagen
- 2012 Chrysler-Fiat Future Product
- 2012 Japanese Automakers: Infiniti, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru and Suzuki
- 2012 Ford Product Plans
- 2012 Korean and Chinese Automakers Future Product
- 2012 European Automakers: Aston Martin, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Rolls-Royce, Smart, Volvo
- 2012 Japanese Automakers Product Plans: Acura, Honda, Lexus, Scion, Toyota
- 2012 GM Product Plans
Bentley will enter the premium crossover segment in two years and perhaps add a sports car, using Volkswagen Group platforms and components. The British luxury brand also is likely to add a convertible based on its flagship Mulsanne sedan.
Continental: The Flying Spur sedan will be reskinned in 2013. Beginning in 2017, all three Continental models -- the GT coupe, GTC convertible and Flying Spur sedan -- will switch to a new VW Group platform that will be used for the next Audi A8 and Porsche Panamera.
Mulsanne: Bentley has released sketches of a convertible concept that would compete with the Rolls-Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe. If approved, the convertible would likely go into production within two years, powered by a 512-hp V-8 engine.
Sports car: Bentley may build a four-seat sports car using VW Group architecture, engines and components. It could go on sale in 2015 or 2016.
Crossover: Bentley's crossover will go on sale in 2014, sharing the platform of the next generation Audi Q7 and a new Lamborghini crossover. It is expected to take styling cues from the EXP 9 F concept.
You can reach Diana T. Kurylko at email@example.com. -- Follow Diana on