Buick Verano pitched by Peyton Manning
|Jake Lingeman is an associate editor at Autoweek, an affiliate of Automotive News.|
- Audi gripes, but Tesla could be en route to niche-brand success
- 2 million extra doors was the best call Daimler made during 'marriage of equals'
- Nissan lures feathered pickup customers with fish, no rebates
- In the Land of Many Buicks, one in particular stood out
- With Mercedes, there's nothing bigger than S-class launch
DETROIT -- Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning will appear in a new spot for the Buick Verano this evening during ESPN's Espys Awards show.
In this making-of video, Manning talks about the Verano and how he "calls an audible" using the voice-activated controls. First he avoids some traffic using the navigation, then he changes the station by yelling "hot route two," then, "tune XM 60 Outlaw," which really does sound like a football call.
Manning is actually pretty good on camera. His old MasterCard commercial -- cut that meat -- was extremely funny.
Hey, if this whole Denver Broncos quarterback thing doesn't work out, at least he'll have a career as a pitchman to fall back on.
For GM's announcement about the ad, click here.