GM plans to revive Electra badge
A 1964 Buick Electra convertible
Photo credit: GM
- 2012 European Automakers: Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Volkswagen
- 2012 Chrysler-Fiat Future Product
- 2012 Japanese Automakers: Infiniti, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru and Suzuki
- 2012 Ford Product Plans
- 2012 Korean and Chinese Automakers Future Product
- 2012 European Automakers: Aston Martin, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Rolls-Royce, Smart, Volvo
- 2012 Japanese Automakers Product Plans: Acura, Honda, Lexus, Scion, Toyota
- 2012 GM Product Plans
DETROIT -- General Motors has applied to register Electra as a trademark, according to the database of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
The company had two previous Electra trademarks associated with the Buick division that expired. The first trademark dates from 1967 and the second was issued in 1989.
The new application was filed June 5. GM said in the application that it plans to use the mark with automobiles.
No Buick models are marketed under the Electra name. In the United States, the brand markets the Verano, Regal and LaCrosse sedans, and the Enclave crossover.
The Buick Encore, a small crossover, will be introduced for the 2013 model year.
Bloomberg contributed to this report