Ford Focus ST priced at $24,495
- 2012 European Automakers: Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Volkswagen
- 2012 Chrysler-Fiat Future Product
- 2012 Japanese Automakers: Infiniti, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru and Suzuki
- 2012 Ford Product Plans
- 2012 Korean and Chinese Automakers Future Product
- 2012 European Automakers: Aston Martin, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Rolls-Royce, Smart, Volvo
- 2012 Japanese Automakers Product Plans: Acura, Honda, Lexus, Scion, Toyota
- 2012 GM Product Plans
DETROIT -- The Ford Focus ST will cost $24,495 when it arrives late this year including $795 in destination fees, according to Ford Motor Co.'s consumer site.
The Focus ST will come with Ford's EcoBoost 2.0-liter engine that will deliver 252 hp and 270 lb-ft of torque to the front wheels. Ford's new Enhanced Torque Vectoring Control is included to help eliminate torque steer on hard acceleration. A six-speed manual is standard.
Upgrading to the sport seats and better radio costs $2,385, while the Recaro full leather seats, topped-out radio and navigation will add about $4,435 to the price.
Other options include a moonroof ($895), navigation ($795), Tangerine Scream tricoat paint ($495) and an engine-block heater ($35).
The price and the power line the ST up nicely with the Volkswagen GTI and the Mazda Mazdaspeed 3, which cost $24,765 and $24,795 respectively.