Honda debuts two production-intent concepts
- 2012 European Automakers: Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Volkswagen
- 2012 Chrysler-Fiat Future Product
- 2012 Japanese Automakers: Infiniti, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru and Suzuki
- 2012 Ford Product Plans
- 2012 Korean and Chinese Automakers Future Product
- 2012 European Automakers: Aston Martin, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Rolls-Royce, Smart, Volvo
- 2012 Japanese Automakers Product Plans: Acura, Honda, Lexus, Scion, Toyota
- 2012 GM Product Plans
Honda was among the foreign manufacturers flexing their design potential at the Beijing motor show with a pair of concepts styled for the Chinese market. Named the Concept C and the Concept S, they preview vehicles set to arrive in China in the coming years.
The Concept C was the most striking, employing sporty styling capped by a prominent grille. Honda says the shape features were inspired by a dragon image.
The concept presages a model that Honda is developing for the Chinese market. Product development was led by Honda's China team, and the production version will be sold next year through its Guangqi Honda Automobile Co. venture.
The Concept S is a people-hauling small van. It too was developed for the Chinese market, where it will launch first. This vehicle, however, has global implications.
The S has a hybrid powertrain and is said to have a spacious cabin. It will be launched through the Dongfeng Honda Automobile Co. venture in 2013 in China, followed by a global rollout.