Scion FR-S priced just under $25k
The 200-hp Scion FR-S coupe has a top speed of 142 mph.
Photo credit: BLOOMBERG
- 2012 European Automakers: Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Volkswagen
- 2012 Chrysler-Fiat Future Product
- 2012 Japanese Automakers: Infiniti, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru and Suzuki
- 2012 Ford Product Plans
- 2012 Korean and Chinese Automakers Future Product
- 2012 European Automakers: Aston Martin, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Rolls-Royce, Smart, Volvo
- 2012 Japanese Automakers Product Plans: Acura, Honda, Lexus, Scion, Toyota
- 2012 GM Product Plans
LOS ANGELES – Scion's FR-S sporty coupe will be priced from $24,930, including destination charges, when it arrives in dealerships in spring.
The base price includes a six-speed manual transmission. Those buyers who want a six-speed automatic with paddle shifters will have to pony up $26,030.
The FR-S is a platform-sharing twin of the Subaru BRZ, and features a 2.0-liter direct-injection, flat-four-cylinder engine that delivers 200 horsepower and 151 pound-feet of torque to the rear-drive wheels.
Standard features will include an eight-speaker AM/FM/CD/USB 300-watt maximum output Pioneer audio system. Standard features also include six airbags, HD Radio technology and Bluetooth connectivity.
You can reach Mark Rechtin at email@example.com. -- Follow Mark on