Topless Jag will be a U.S. rarity
Photo credit: MARK RECHTIN
- How GM's 'shampoo princess' is restoring Opel's image
- Chock this out: We may have jumped the shark on Recall-o-rama
- Despite a quirky January, industry is on the right path
- Sergio's plan to sell rebadged Dart, 200 replacements could work -- if he chooses wisely
- In Daihatsu deal, Toyota zigs while Detroit zags
Jaguar unveiled the XKR-S Convertible at a Rodeo Drive event on Tuesday night. Jaguar design chief Ian Callum called it, "the fastest convertible in the world," with a top speed of 190 mph and a zero-to-60 time of four seconds.
With a 550hp V-8 under the hood, this car lapped the famed Nürburgring in under eight minutes. And with a sticker price of $138,875, give or take a few quid, the XKR-S Convertible will be a rare bird on these shores; for now, only 25 are slated for export to U.S. dealers.
You can reach Mark Rechtin at firstname.lastname@example.org. -- Follow Mark on