Photo credit: MARK RECHTIN
Topless Jag will be a U.S. rarity
|Mark Rechtin is West Coast editor of Automotive News|
- Audi gripes, but Tesla could be en route to niche-brand success
- 2 million extra doors was the best call Daimler made during 'marriage of equals'
- Nissan lures feathered pickup customers with fish, no rebates
- In the Land of Many Buicks, one in particular stood out
- With Mercedes, there's nothing bigger than S-class launch
Jaguar unveiled the XKR-S Convertible at a Rodeo Drive event on Tuesday night. Jaguar design chief Ian Callum called it, "the fastest convertible in the world," with a top speed of 190 mph and a zero-to-60 time of four seconds.
With a 550hp V-8 under the hood, this car lapped the famed Nürburgring in under eight minutes. And with a sticker price of $138,875, give or take a few quid, the XKR-S Convertible will be a rare bird on these shores; for now, only 25 are slated for export to U.S. dealers.
You can reach Mark Rechtin at email@example.com. -- Follow Mark on