Dodge revives 392 Hemi for 2011 Challenger SRT8
- 2012 European Automakers: Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Volkswagen
- 2012 Chrysler-Fiat Future Product
- 2012 Japanese Automakers: Infiniti, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru and Suzuki
- 2012 Ford Product Plans
- 2012 Korean and Chinese Automakers Future Product
- 2012 European Automakers: Aston Martin, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Rolls-Royce, Smart, Volvo
- 2012 Japanese Automakers Product Plans: Acura, Honda, Lexus, Scion, Toyota
- 2012 GM Product Plans
The 2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 marks the return of the 392-cubic-inch Hemi V8.
The 392-cubic-inch Hemi (6.4 liters), which has not been in a production car for 52 years, produces 470 hp and 470 lb-ft of torque. That is 45 more horsepower and 50 lb-ft of torque over the previous 6.1-liter Hemi V8 in the Challenger SRT8.
The exterior of the 2011 Challenger SRT8 will include a larger front splitter, front fender spats and Mopar quad exhaust tips. It will also have “392 Hemi” badges on the fenders.
The interior will have “392” embroidered on the front seats, just under the headrests.
Dodge will produce 1,492 Inaugural Edition copies of the 2011 Challenger SRT8 392 -- 1,100 for the United States and 392 for Canada. Two exterior color schemes versions are slated: blue with white stripes and white with blue stripes. There will also be an Inaugural Edition 392 Hemi dash plaque.
The 392-cubic-inch Hemi V8 debuted in 1957, replacing the 354-cubic-inch Hemi, which debuted in 1951. The 392 was dropped as a production engine after the 1958 model year.