BMW plans 6-cylinder 7 series
- 2012 European Automakers: Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Volkswagen
- 2012 Chrysler-Fiat Future Product
- 2012 Japanese Automakers: Infiniti, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru and Suzuki
- 2012 Ford Product Plans
- 2012 Korean and Chinese Automakers Future Product
- 2012 European Automakers: Aston Martin, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Rolls-Royce, Smart, Volvo
- 2012 Japanese Automakers Product Plans: Acura, Honda, Lexus, Scion, Toyota
- 2012 GM Product Plans
BMW AG this year will introduce a 7-series car in North America with an inline six-cylinder engine, said Ian Robertson, the company's global head of sales and marketing.
The turbocharged 740i will be the first 7 series powered by a six-cylinder engine since 1992. Spokesman Jan Ehlen said the car will be available in the second quarter.