Are you ready for the destination ahead?The response to the threat of climate change from an automotive perspective goes far beyond reducing emissions and improving energy efficiency. As opportunities and risks are abundant in every part of the industry value stream, determining leading practices for developing the vehicles of tomorrow, shrinking your carbon footprint and beating the competition will only become tougher going forward.
Even as the world takes increasing action to combat climate change, regional regulatory policies will vary widely and market demand and economic conditions will fluctuate, making managing a global automotive entity increasingly complex.
Is your company prepared to navigate the CO2 reduction puzzle?In Destination Ahead: the automotive industry in the era of climate change and sustainability, we get to the heart of the issues that are changing the face of the industry: the evolving regulatory landscape, advanced powertrain vehicle technologies and alternative fuels. We also have a special segment on how the Chinese automotive industry is responding to climate change.
When embedding climate change initiatives into your overall business strategy, consider the following:
- Do you have an overall corporate carbon management strategy?
- How is your organization responding to the increased automotive emphasis on alternative and renewable fuels?
- Is your company's risk management framework robust enough around the issue of climate change regulation and other stakeholder influences?
- Do you have a global strategy for capitalizing on available government incentives for advanced technology development, deployment, infrastructure, etc.?
- How are you collaborating with supply chain partners (existing and new) to meet the variety of vehicle regulatory requirements?
While many questions remain, one thing is certain: there will be no one solution to the automotive climate change dilemma. Differing regulations, infrastructures and consumer needs around the world will require a portfolio of vehicle solutions for decades to come.
Learn how you can gain a competitive advantage by understanding the key factors contributing to the industry's transformation. If you're ready to set the stage for environmental leadership, get started by downloading “Destination Ahead: the automotive industry in the era of climate change and sustainability."