The new Ernst & Young report identifies the top 10 global business risks by analyzing the top risks identified for some of the world's most important industry sectors. It also highlights the risks “below the radar” that could also have a significant impact over the next three to five years.
The top 10 risks identified (2008 rankings in parentheses) are:
1. The credit crunch (2)
2. Regulation and compliance (1)
3. Deepening recession (New)
4. Radical greening (9)
5. Non-traditional entrants (16)
6. Cost cutting (8)
7. Managing talent (11)
8. Executing alliance and transactions (7)
9. Business model redundancy (New)
10. Reputation risks (22)
The report was produced by Ernst & Young in collaboration with Oxford Analytica, and sought the views of more than 100 analysts from around the world and more than 20 academic disciplines.