Special vehicle manufacturer Multicar plans to increase exports

Waltershausen, Germany. Multicar Spezialfahrzeuge GmbH of Thueringen hopes to grow significantly in Europe during the coming years and to increase sales specifically with municipal customers.

In 2003, its sales were 45 million euros.

"We have always had our eyes on eastern Europe and now we are making good business there," said Multicar Managing Director Walter Botschatzki as he explained the expansion of the dealer network during the last few years.

The 84-year-old East German company's export share is 25 percent and that should increase to more than 35 percent during the coming years.

Mulitcar vehicle's most important featureis the flexibility of the narrow-track vehicles on narrow streets.

Multicar also offers accessories such as grit distributors and snowplows. The main markets are Austria and Switzerland.

"We believe that we will reach a market share of 30 percent of the narrow-track vehicle market," Botschatzki said.

Botschatzki said that the company also has contacts in Asia but that the most important market is Europe. He owns 10 percent of Multicar. The remaining 90 percent belongs to the Hako Group.

Tags: Automakers

ATTENTION COMMENTERS: Automotive News has monitored a significant increase in the number of personal attacks and abusive comments on our site. We encourage our readers to voice their opinions and argue their points. We expect disagreement. We do not expect our readers to turn on each other. We will be aggressively deleting all comments that personally attack another poster, or an article author, even if the comment is otherwise a well-argued observation. If we see repeated behavior, we will ban the commenter. Please help us maintain a civil level of discourse.

Email Newsletters
  • General newsletters
  • (Weekdays)
  • (Mondays)
  • (As needed)
  • Video newscasts
  • (Weekdays)
  • (Weekdays)
  • (Saturdays)
  • Special interest newsletters
  • (Thursdays)
  • (Tuesdays)
  • (Monthly)
  • (Monthly)
  • (Wednesdays)
  • (Bimonthly)
  • Special reports
  • (As needed)
  • (As needed)
  • Communication preferences
  • You can unsubscribe at any time through links in these emails. For more information, see our Privacy Policy.