* Closed the Dagenham assembly plant in England, raising capacity utilization to more than 90 percent in Ford's four remaining plants.
* Invested $500 million in the Dagenham engine plant to increase diesel capacity by 100,000 engines a year
* Established supplier parks at all assembly plants
* Created a product offensive, offering 9 new products annually for five years beginning in 2000
* Brought out the Fiesta small car six months early to revive a neglected segment
* Market share is up more than a point compared with a year ago, on the strength of the Ford Focus and Ford Mondeo.