* Several Ford plants had downtime during the week ending Saturday, Aug. 18, because of component shortages. Plants in Atlanta (Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable); Wixom, Mich., (Lincoln Continental, LS, Town Car); St. Thomas; and Oakville, Ontario, (Ford Windstar) all worked partial schedules.
* General Motors' Lordstown, Ohio, plant (Chevrolet Cavalier, Pontiac Sunfire) is working daily overtime for the first time in more than seven years. The plant during that time has worked some Saturday overtime, the last being on Nov. 11, 2000.
* GM produced its 3 millionth vehicle of 2001 on Tuesday, Aug. 14. This is seven weeks, one day later than in 2000. Production is down 529,742 units from 2000.
* Honda of America Manufacturing will change the Honda Odyssey from the 2001 to 2002 model year this week at the plant in Alliston, Ontario.
* North American car and truck production reached 10 million on Wednesday, Aug. 15. This is 28 days later than in 2000. North American production is down 1,354,018 units from last year.