Achieve Safe, Economic and Compliant operation of your Light Commercial and Van Fleets.
Operating a fleet of vehicles imposes a considerable burden of responsibility on both the business and those tasked with managing the vehicles and drivers safely in a potentially high risk environment.
Compliance with an ever-increasing and changing framework of rules and regulations whist striving to control costs and maximise efficiency is an ever increasing burden.
This 3-day course provides a comprehensive review of the current regulatory environment as it applies to the use of vehicles for business purposes and to fleet management staff. It defines the necessary actions to ensure compliance, provides advice on vehicle maintenance procedures and how to select and specify vehicles to meet the needs of the business.
The objectives of a Fleet Management Policy are addressed in depth and guidance provided on relevant structure and content.
Other key areas covered include driver management, routeing and scheduling of vehicles, the use of Telematics and computers in managing a fleet operation, fuel provision and control and vehicle loading.
Due to the widely recognised high levels of risk incumbent within any road transport operation there will be a continuing reference to safety implications and the need for effective risk management throughout.
This course is intended for: all supervisors and managers who have responsibility for the management of large or small fleets of light commercial vehicles and their drivers.
At the end of the course your participants will be able to:
• Understand the rules, regulations, standards and codes of practice that affect your fleet operation;
• Outline the content of a Fleet Management Policy for the business;
• Select and specify vehicle types appropriate to the needs of your business;
• Effectively administer the registration, licensing, taxation, permits, testing, insurance and all other procedures applicable to your vehicles and drivers;
• Implement an effective system of vehicle maintenance...
Category: Classes / Courses | Professional Training.
Time: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Non-residential: GBP 1450.
Submit Once, Submit Everywhere event marketing by @evvnt - http://bit.ly/septSUBMIT