Ferrari 599 successor teased in Internet video
- 2012 European Automakers: Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Volkswagen
- 2012 Chrysler-Fiat Future Product
- 2012 Japanese Automakers: Infiniti, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru and Suzuki
- 2012 Ford Product Plans
- 2012 Korean and Chinese Automakers Future Product
- 2012 European Automakers: Aston Martin, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Rolls-Royce, Smart, Volvo
- 2012 Japanese Automakers Product Plans: Acura, Honda, Lexus, Scion, Toyota
- 2012 GM Product Plans
DETROIT -- Ferrari is following the SRT Viper playbook by leaking out bits and pieces of its 599 successor on various Internet pages. The darkened photo shown comes from Ferrari.com, while the video was released at the company's media site.
Not much information has been shared about the car from the unit of Fiat S.p.A. But what is known is that it will be a 12-cylinder grand-touring vehicle. It will be up from the 599's power rating of 612 hp and it will be revealed in full on leap day, Feb. 29. Rumors say that the car will be called the F620 GT.
The first teaser video shows snippets of the car lapping the Fiorano circuit in Italy. There is a glimpse at its well-camouflaged body, a bit of the interior and you can listen to the 12-cylinder engine hum.
Thursday's video shows the manufacture of the car, with robotic arms moving around, block sanding and welding. Viewers get to see a bit more of the body shape in unpainted metal.